Laravel is great framework and I quite enjoy how it’s structures and how it works. In version 4 it was migrated from bundles to using Composer for dependency injection which great and fits well my daily routine on building apps also follows standards promoted by the PHP community in general. In my application I was […]
I build API service for a mobile application and I faced a problem with the error reporting with Laravel. Laravel is awesome framework and is great for RESTful application or building API that’s why it’s my first choice. But I had one problem, my API should produce only JSON and my application can consume only […]
It’s really interesting how small changes in core PHP functionality could break whole website and take hours to find the cause of the bug. I am building website which takes some use of dates, stored in MySQL database as Date format for simplicity. Those dates are optional fields in my application and sometimes they have […]
In this quick tip I’ll show you how to install the PHP extensionmcrypt. This is needed for Magento to run properly otherwise you’ll get an error like: 1Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_create_iv() in lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 64 Install mcrypt on Ubuntu 12# apt-get install php5-mcrypt # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart Install mcrypt on CentOS 12345## 64 […]
I had a problem with client’s data that was saved as HTML in the database and I needed it in plain format. Many would say this is very inefficient way of doing it but sometimes desperate time call for desperate measures. And here is my solution to the problem: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324SET GLOBAL log_bin_trust_function_creators=1; DROP FUNCTION IF […]
Magento is one of the fastest growing eCommerce platforms on the internet and with its recent acquisition by eBay it promises to stay on the lead and keep growing with even faster pace than before. It’s been choice for a platform for many of my clients and recently I had to do some development work […]
If you forget your admin password for Magento and you can’t remember the email or just want quick fix you can use one line of SQL to sort that issue out. 1UPDATE admin_user SET password=CONCAT(MD5(’qXpassword’), ‘:qX’) WHERE username=’admin’; All you have to do is replace the “password” with your required one and run the query.
If you are running your site on a shared hosting and you have multiple domain installed as subdirectories the things could go out of hand really fast. In my specific case I have multiple installs of different CMS and one main domain running from “root” directory. What I wanted was to be able to run […]
In console environment PHP could be very useful especially running long tasks or for CRON jobs. You can execute your script like: 1php scriptName.php You can also pass some parameters like: 1php scriptName.php param1 param2 Those can be retrieved through a PHP variable which accessible only in console mode called $argv 12$param1 = $argv; $param2 […]
If you need to migrate a PrestaShop website from a local to a remote installation or just change the domain name, you need to follow these steps: 0. For security reasons, make a backup of all files and database 1. Upload all files to new hosting via FTP 2. Import the database using the phpMyAdmin […]
When inspiration doesn’t come to me, I go halfway to meet it — Sigmund Freud
- HTML5 and pushState 17. Jul, 2011
- CakePHP – User authentication and registration 19. Mar, 2011
- Source Code -> Iframe with 100% Height 23. Aug, 2011
- MySQL – Delete/Drop all tables with specific prefix 22. Sep, 2012
- Magento white screen or how XML can break your site? 02. Oct, 2012
- Running out of memory on Laravel 4 update 08. Dec, 2013
- Custom error handler for Laravel 4 09. Aug, 2013
- Consistent dates in PHP? 29. Jul, 2013
- Install PHP mcrypt on UNIX server 24. Nov, 2012
- SQL: Remove HTML with procidure 24. Nov, 2012
- Anastasia: Saved as a favorite, I rerally like your web site!...
- Pim: PHP's DateTime object is incompatible with MySQL's...
- Claudia Garrido: Please can you help me? Because to me this error ...
- deskspace: Howdy! I'm at work surfing around your blog from m...
- Devin: I constantly spent my half an hour to read this we...