Magento export Every now and then I am asked by different clients if I can export specific customer data, most often people need emails of their customers to use for newsletters or other types of marketing campaigns. There are two different ways to approach the problem either get all orders and get the customer email […]
I use BASH aliases extensively throughout my DEV environments and it saves me a lot of time. One specific I use is “cdv” that’s shorthand for CD to VirtualHosts which in most cases could be as simple as /var/www or in some cases could be very long path, especially on shared DEV environments like /var/www/dev/vhosts/mylongusername. […]
Laravel is great framework and I quite enjoy how it’s structures and how it works. In version 4 it was migrated from bundles to using Composer for dependency injection which great and fits well my daily routine on building apps also follows standards promoted by the PHP community in general. In my application I was […]
I build API service for a mobile application and I faced a problem with the error reporting with Laravel. Laravel is awesome framework and is great for RESTful application or building API that’s why it’s my first choice. But I had one problem, my API should produce only JSON and my application can consume only […]
It’s really interesting how small changes in core PHP functionality could break whole website and take hours to find the cause of the bug. I am building website which takes some use of dates, stored in MySQL database as Date format for simplicity. Those dates are optional fields in my application and sometimes they have […]
In this quick tip I’ll show you how to install the PHP extensionmcrypt. This is needed for Magento to run properly otherwise you’ll get an error like: 1Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_create_iv() in lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 64 Install mcrypt on Ubuntu 12# apt-get install php5-mcrypt # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart Install mcrypt on CentOS 12345## 64 […]
I had a problem with client’s data that was saved as HTML in the database and I needed it in plain format. Many would say this is very inefficient way of doing it but sometimes desperate time call for desperate measures. And here is my solution to the problem: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324SET GLOBAL log_bin_trust_function_creators=1; DROP FUNCTION IF […]
Magento is one of the fastest growing eCommerce platforms on the internet and with its recent acquisition by eBay it promises to stay on the lead and keep growing with even faster pace than before. It’s been choice for a platform for many of my clients and recently I had to do some development work […]
If you forget your admin password for Magento and you can’t remember the email or just want quick fix you can use one line of SQL to sort that issue out. 1UPDATE admin_user SET password=CONCAT(MD5(’qXpassword’), ‘:qX’) WHERE username=’admin’; All you have to do is replace the “password” with your required one and run the query.
If you are running your site on a shared hosting and you have multiple domain installed as subdirectories the things could go out of hand really fast. In my specific case I have multiple installs of different CMS and one main domain running from “root” directory. What I wanted was to be able to run […]
It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. — Bill Gates
- HTML5 and pushState 17. Jul, 2011
- CakePHP – User authentication and registration 19. Mar, 2011
- Htaccess – redirect domain to WWW 19. Mar, 2011
- MySQL – Delete/Drop all tables with specific prefix 22. Sep, 2012
- Source Code -> Iframe with 100% Height 23. Aug, 2011
- Magento :: Export all customers and emails from orders 20. Feb, 2014
- Pass parameters to Bash Alias command 14. Dec, 2013
- Running out of memory on Laravel 4 update 08. Dec, 2013
- Custom error handler for Laravel 4 09. Aug, 2013
- Consistent dates in PHP? 29. Jul, 2013
- SANDO: Hi thanks for the heads up, I changed the code hig...
- iPhone prices: Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We...
- independent.academia.edu: Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The ...
- review insanity workout: It's very simple to find out any topic on web as c...
- Anastasia: Saved as a favorite, I rerally like your web site!...